Saturday, July 2, 2011

Pursuing the Present Jesus

I really enjoyed this song today... it goes like this...


  • Savior, lead me up the mountain,
      Where the Lord alone is seen,
    Where we hear the voice from heaven,
      Where the air is pure and clean.

    • Lead me higher up the mountain,
        Give me fellowship with Thee;
      In Thy light I see the fountain,
          And the blood it cleanses me.
  • Higher up where light increases,
      Far above all earthly strife,
    Where the strain of effort ceases,
      Where in Christ we reign in Life.

  • Savior, keep me up the mountain
      Pressing on toward the goal,
    Till, as one, we share Thine image,
      And Thy love and grace extol.



  • Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/nt/378#ixzz1RdglHosO



    I don't really know why I enjoyed it but I guess, sometimes we're so caught up with our situations, even deciding for our futures, should we go this way and that, what if this and that, that we forget to enjoy the present Jesus... I like what my best friend, a sister in Christ, told me... everyday, the Lord has a will, even a commission for that day... and nothing pleases the Lord more than for Christ to be revealed in us... enjoyed by us.

    Anyway, despite everything, Lord... I just want to enjoy You, seeing nothing and no one but You, "lead me higher up the mountain, give me fellowship with Thee... " How evil it is for us not to enjoy You. How glorious it is for man to enjoy You. Lord, help us, strengthen us, be the fighting one in us, to enjoy You, with others... :)

    PRAISE YOU LORD, JESUS IS LORD!

    No comments: