Friday, July 8, 2011

Operation Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes


Sooo... went swimming after doing the eliptical with my sister Mikee today. I like swimming cuz sometimes, gravity pulls us down a little hard & you know, swimming is just a little way to defy gravity. Hah...ANYWAY enough of that... what am I talking about? :) Oh, yeah... and then we went to go eat at Denny's... just a little snack (pancakes, sausage, eggs)... okay maybe not a little cuz we got hungry after working out... and we prolly gained the calories we burned... lol. But yeah, I like hanging out with Mikee :) We're gonna go again tomorrow since Lifetime has an Openhouse :D

But yesterday... went to the Sisters' meeting in Houston, actually at the UH University Center to meet up with some of the students that I met from Christians on Campus. I went with some sisters I knew from church who were also in Christians on Campus. But yeah, we went to UH to go to this event called Freshmen Connect. When we got there, the students were bowling. :) And, they had fooood! Pizza and also one of the sisters VN cooked this dish she learned from Rachel Ray ( OH YEAH) and we ate it with some rice. Haha, so asian... rice at the bowling alley... that's how you do it. & I brought strawberry cheesecake cupcakes that my sis Ranee & I baked... from scratch... hah. But anyway... we met some of the Freshmen, there were a total of 5 new freshmen that we met. Praise the Lord! The freshmen girls were sweet. Two of them are gonna be Psychology majors (like me), hah. But yeah, hmm... we played bowling with them and just got to know them a little. One of the freshman girls was real sweet, some of the sisters toured her around campus after bowling, on the way to dropping her back off to her dorm for orientation. She seemed real cool. Anyway, I hope we get to hang out with her again. After that, the sisters and I went back to the sisters' house next to campus and we played and sang some songs. Very peaceful... :) Oh and, what touched me the most is that, the sisters prayed for the incoming freshmen that night... so sweet. The students here at UH really have a heart for the students. The group of sisters that I hang out with, they're so shepherding but I really like the vision they have, their purpose is fruit bearing. They care for the new students and for the gospel of Jesus Christ. How awesome!

Moving back to Houston after graduating, I was a little bummed, I gotta admit, because you know, I'm gonna miss everyone from Austin and plus my spiritual life was born in Austin. So, at first, it was realllly hard for me to live the church life here in Houston... like... I realllly have to fight for it just to stay in the church life. I think at first, I gave up... then, went back to Austin, fellowshipped with the saints, prayed with some, told the Lord, I can't do it... enjoyed the Lord, then went back to Houston, and by the overcoming One's mercy and grace... little by little, day by day, seems like the church life here in Houston reveals itself sweeter and sweeter day by day. The saints in Houston are so precioussss! I don't know... I really enjoy being in Houston, even though of course, sometimes I get into arguments with family. But Lord, you can do it! Lord, give us the strength to follow You... we just want to follow You...

                                      Ranee helping me out with the cupcakes
                                                                 Yummy Cupcake batter

Mikee with the yummy, cooked strawberry cheesecake cupcakes that we brought to Freshmen Connect. They were gone after a few minutes. Even the tray that I brought, I could not even find it afterwards, maybe they ate that too... Hah. Credits to "Megabite" for her awesome recipe for strawberry cheesecake cupcakes :) Check out her website to see other cool things to bake. Click here -->  strawberry cheesecake cupcakes recipe.

No comments: