Monday, June 27, 2011

God's Sovereignty

Wow, praise the Lord! Cannot believe I am back on this blogger. It's so ironic that maybe 2 years ago, I had wanted to delete this blog because I was ashamed of all the assignments I had to write for class in this website... But what amazes me is that... during my freshman and sophomore year at UT, the Lord used this blog as a way for me to cry out to Him out of desperation. I remember during  the beginning of Spring Sophomore year, I remember writing a really long post to consecrate my college years to the Lord, because "without Him as my foundation, all else fails." Funny, that the Lord even knows and listens to everything we say or write, even in little things such as bloggers like these. Haha. What's ironic, or should I say sovereign, is that, after writing that post, a few months later I started meeting with Christians on Campus. And then, the story begins... :) Through Christians on Campus, I had a much more enjoyable and more intimate relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Also, with Christians on Campus, I was nourished by the Word, shepherded by many caring and loving spiritual mentors, and found other precious students who became my companions in the Lord to live and pursue the Lord with. What a deal! Christians on Campus, by the Lord's mercy, sovereignty and grace, has really been my salvation throughout my college years. Now that I just graduated, I want to keep "crying out to the Lord", and blogging, and expressing all the minute, but eternal, things that He does, little by little, day by day, in our lives.

Today, I enjoyed that when we are open to the Lord and honest to Him, He is faithful to honor that. Thank You Lord...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

praise the Lord - He is real! He comes to visit us again and again, shepherding us to know Him more, enjoy Him more, and grow in Him more! Thank you - this testimony is so sweet and real. That's why I love the Lord - for saints of all ages and in all places who experience the Lord in a genuine way...

[I may post this also on the www.agodman.com with the link to your original post, I hope that's alright]

Nikki said...

Thanks for this comment. And yes, I agree with you that we love the Lord more when we see the saints from all ages, all background experience Him in such a way! That's when we realize the Lord is all-inclusive, undeniable, too rich! Anyway, sure go ahead and post, I don't mind.

Grace be with you! Looking forward to reading more of your posts, hymns, sharing.