Thursday, August 11, 2011

Believing Into Him being Receiving Him!

Believing into Him being receiving Him! This matter really impressed me during my job interview last week. Because the job interview was almost the whole day, I had the opportunity to read the Word during our waiting times! During this time, I took the chance to be immersed in the book of John. Christians on Campus in Austin is following a bible reading schedule of the Gospels with footnotes and we are in the book of John! Praise the Lord! I just want to thank the Lord for strengthening me during my interview. I believe He became my peace and confidence and strength during my weakness and distress. (I got the job, by the way!) :)

Anyway, it really impressed me that... Believing into Him is different from believing Him. 


John 3:15-16 That everyone who believes into Him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone who believes into Him would not perish, but would have eternal life.

For some reason, I kept noticing the phrase "believing INTO Him"... this is special, what's the difference from "believing Him"?
Footnote 3:16(2): "Believing into the Lord is not the same as believing Him (6:30). To believe Him is to believe that He is true and real, but to believe INTO Him is to receive Him and be united with Him as one. The former is to acknowledge a fact objectively; the latter is to receive a life subjectively.

I just want to repeat that, to believe into Him is to receive Him and be united with Him as one.


John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name,"

Footnote 12(1): To believe into is to receive.
Let's repeat that again, to believe into is to receive!


John 7:38 He who believes into Me as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water. 


Wow! When we believe into Him, we receive RIVERS OF LIVING WATER!


Oh Lord Jesus, praise You Lord that we believe into You. Lord, thank you that we are also receiving You as rivers of living water! Lord... keep us believing INTO You... Lord, keep us RECEIVING You! Lord... keep dispensing Your divine life INTO us. Oh Lord Jesus!



                                           My uncle and I at Laguna, Philippines, by the river! :)



No comments: